To work at Santa Cruz Bicycles is to be a member of a dynamic team that aspires to exceptionally high goals.
The Wheel Builder position is responsible for wheel building and wheel truing. It reports to the Wheel Department Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Component Preparation
- Operation of industrial wheel lacing machine
- Hand finishing of wheels to our specifications
- Production hand building of carbon wheels
- Keeping the workplace clean, tidy and safe
- Working efficiently within a set time frame
- Communicating with team members to ensure smooth running of production line
Education and Experience
Santa Cruz Bicycles offers a relaxed working environment, local singletrack and the opportunity to work with a group of passionate bike enthusiasts in a great place to live.
- 2 years of bike mechanic experience including wheel building/wheel truing
- Ability to approach problems in a logical and methodical manor
- Basic mathematical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- High level of work ethic and a positive, resourceful and adaptable attitude required
- Good hand-eye co-ordination
- Ability to lift and carry 30 pounds
Our goals are to create the best mountain bikes on the planet and have a good time doing it. The results of our work and more about the company can be found at www.santacruzbicycles.com.
Benefits include health, dental and vision coverage, 401k, and major discounts on bike stuff.
Please email your resume a cover letter that explains why you want to work at Santa Cruz Bicycles.